KIDS, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. ONLY ATTEMPT WITH A TRAINED CHEMIST OR A SCIENTIFIC PROFESSIONAL AND PLENTY OF BALLS.
At Chemistry Club of Phillps Exeter Academy, we fire bend. No big deal.
Here are the procedures:
- Mix an ample amount of soap and water.
- Make methane bubbles with this mixture.
- Take off anything on your arms (including watches, bracelets, long sleeves, etc.)
- Soak your hands completely
- Scoop up bubbles.
- place hand vertically over but slightly to the side of a lighted candle, so the bubble overhanging from your palm is directly over the candle.
- Do not panic.
- The fire will form upwards so do not face your palm downwards. Always face it upwards.
- WATCH IT BURN